Before I get to this lovely, scrumptious Roasted Potato Salad, I have to issue an apology. For the last few weeks, emails have not been going out to my followers when I publish a new post. You may not have noticed [I won’t hold it against you] but if you have, I’M BACK!
Although I hold a degree with the word “Technology” in it and I write a blog that is posted to the Internet, I am surprisingly computer-challenged. I can work through some computer systems and know my way around social media and Photoshop, sure. But ask me to figure out why my emails weren’t dispatching to followers? Totally clueless. It was so frustrating.
After hundreds of Google searches, endless troubleshooting, and a few “forget it, I just won’t blog anymore!” proclamations, I think I finally figured it out! Thanks a million to the slew of nerds wonderful computer-savvy individuals who responded to my desperate Craiglist add. Yeah, that’s how bad it got.
How funny would it be if I actually didn’t fix it and no one gets this email again?!
Sigh… Fingers crossed.
ANYWHO. On to the important stuff. Potato salad. I was never a fan of super creamy, yellowish, funky potato salad that sat out at barbeques attracting flies. It was always so soft and artificial and… Weird. I don’t know, I just don’t dig it.
BUT. We have gotten pounds and pounds of mixed-color potatoes from our weekly CSA. Why not give potato salad another try? Why not make it Roasted Potato Salad to actually give it some texture?! Why not add fresh corn for crunch and chickpeas for protein to take it to another level?!?? Why not.
Although this is still a creamy dressing, the spicy brown mustard brings some serious tang. And instead of soft, mushy potatoes drowning in sickly-thick sauce, we have a lightly dressed, texturally complex dish.
I have made this quite a few times this summer and have added a nice handful of fresh parsley to add a pop of freshness and make it colorful. On the day I made this to photograph, of course I realized we were out of parsley. You’ll just have to trust me, the parsley works.
Bye, bye soggy side dish; hellooo perfect potato salad.
With a tangy, lightened-up dressing and chickpeas and corn for texture, this Roasted Potato Salad can’t be beat! It can be served warm or cold; a go-to all year round!
- 1 pound mixed potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley (not pictured but highly recommended)
- 3 Tbs. vegan mayo (sub hummus or regular mayo)
- 2 Tbs. brown mustard
- 1 Tbs. tahini
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F and chop potatoes into bite-size pieces. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray, toss potatoes with salt & pepper, and spread out on sheet. Bake for 35 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and thaw corn if using frozen. Add to a large bowl with the roasted and slightly cooled potatoes. Pour dressing over and toss to combine.
- Stir in chopped parsley and enjoy warm or chilled.